Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whimsical Moments

I began writing this right after my mother passed away and finally finished it. Enjoy.


Whimsical Moments

You're my air
Into your eyes I glare
Knowing that I received the ultimate prize
You as a mother
And I as your daughter
Still moments in time will be remembered forever
From watching you grace the stage with dance
Having deep conversations with me about forgiving people and sometimes giving them a second chance
From the night you held me tight when I heard my father died
Wiping away a steady flow of tears as I cried
Being my warrior through many battles
Dry days to stark nights you were my water
Pouring energy into my valley like a streaming river
Yet I don't know what I would do
Without you when God calls you home
What I'll have left are memories that will float through my brain as whimsical moments
In my heart you'll always be
Whimsical
Like cherry blossoms petals that travel through a spring breeze
Blooming Marguerite flowers in France
Praying to God that as the seconds, minutes and days go on that they will come more with ease
But for now let's share the time we have left
Creating more memories that will be kept
Whimsical moments we will always have
Beyond your last breath

Written By:


Serena Wills

Copyright 2012

No comments: