Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creative Storm

New piece I wrote while in Dallas, TX a few weeks ago. Enjoy.

Creative Storm

Perfection at its best
Lyricism taken to the test
Writing nonstop without rest
Eyes glued to the screen
Not getting enough of this good stuff
That's infused in my DNA
Creative storms brewing through my bones, into my finger tips
As my lips bless a mic
Words are coming to me in my dreams
As it seems
The storm won't stop
Even when I put the pen down
Astounded
Words, lyrics, poems and characters are still chattering
In my brain as I have to write more
Raining on the keys with avengence
Characters developing into their own person
Winds of my lyrics on the mic knocking down the coldest
Touching hearts in the right places
With my written creative storm
Spreading
City to city
State to state
Next stop...country to country
Once the storm leaves
Everything is cleansed
People left wondering when it will come again
Wanting a taste of the rain
Of creativity
To be poured down on them once more

Written July 7, 2010

Shuck n Jive Restaurant, Dallas, TX

Matt Barron playing tunes

Copyright Serena Wills 2010

All Right Reserved

No comments: