Sunday, October 12, 2008

I don't know what to name this piece...dedicated to my sister Ayana R.I.P.

I wrote this piece back in June sitting outside under the stars in Dallas, TX at a Fred Hammond concert. I was reflecting on all that I went through and how I lost my sister Ayana last September. I hope someone feels inspired after reading it. I performed this piece at an ArtLoveMagic event out here in Dallas on October 4th. Peace.

Untitled

As the warm breeze hit my face
I knew then that, “It was done.”
All my problems, burdens and inequities
Were conquered
God told me years ago
“Wait on me child and I will see everything through.”
Nights I cried wondering how bills would be paid
Days went by wondering why my sisters health was fading away
God kept telling me, “I’m coming to rescue you, walk with you to get you through.”
Watching the sun leave the sky
As the moon peered through my blinds
Still wondering how to get through
Suddenly I felt a presence
In my space
Not understanding what or where it stood
My Grandma once told me, “Chile there are times when God is in your space and you will know it when you feel Him.”
God began to work through me
Around me
All for me
Burdens were lifted
Unanswered problems resolved
Bills were paid in full
As I understood that God comes in His time
He heard my sister asking for Him
Take me with you God
For I am done
Her failed health faded away
As she went to Him
And when she left me physically
I knew then that her battle cries were no more
And her job here on earth was done
God said, “Let it be done, let her be whole and may this life be complete.”
I listened to Him
As He conquered not just my worried
Fears
Anxiety
But He also reached back and conquered Ayana’s too
As He said, “Let it be done.”

June 27, 2008


Ayana’s job is complete. God you are worthy as you continue to heal us.

Copyright 2008 Serena Wills All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

AnotherBenG said...

If this was a movie I'd be in tears...the tears would be tears of Peace, Love, and Contentment.

I love your work. Continue to Wryte Creatively and God will continue to guide you.