Saturday, August 22, 2009

How I Freed My Soul Volume 1 Anthology is Released! Buy Your Copy Today!!!


Hello everyone! My transition back east has been full of ups and some downs. One of the blessings was to hit the mic while helping promote the new anthology at the Capital Hip Hop Soul Fest, "How I Freed My Soul, Vol 1." is edited by Khadijah Ali-Coleman. Below is what I copied off of the website. Please support and buy a copy today! My poem, "Sounds of the Ocean" is published in it.

So go to: http://outskirtspress.com/webpage.php?ISBN=978-1-4327-2415-3 and order your copy today!

Stay tuned for events where books will be for sale, book signings and more!!! Also for future publications where yours truly will be published in!!! I've also attached a copy of the beautiful book cover!

Peace and blessings! Thank you in advance for your support!

How I Freed My Soul Vol. 1:

Love. Sickness. Travel. A one-night stand. Speaking up. Losing a job. Breaking up. Khadijah Ali-Coleman has edited an eclectic assortment of work that is sure to inspire, revive and enthrall readers on the very idea of how to free one's soul. Containing personal essays, poetry, short stories and visual art, this compilation stretches boundaries as one contemplates the very idea of freedom while presenting, and often challenging, the concept of the soul. This book anthology is the featured book of the 2009 Capital Hip Hop Soul Fest, an annual festival held in Washington DC.

Contributing writers include: Tichaona Chinyelu, Nabina Das, Venus Jones, Farah Lawal, Omar Akbar, Anthony Spires, Amy Blondell, DJ Gaskin, Summayah Talibah, Maureen Mulima, Randy Gross, Margaux Delotte-Bennett, Serena Wills, and other notables.

Visual art work by Turtel Onli, Marshetta Davis, Shan'ta Monroe and more.

Foreword by author Ananda Leeke.
Cover Art by Sharon Burton.

No comments: